Leaking gutter joins...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

Has anyone come across and tried and tested (even unique on the market) product that will seal a gutter joins.

1_Mastic - almost always fails and too messy
2_Supplied rubber seals - I have replaced the joins and the supplied seals are not a match for my older half round gutters

This is an eternal problem - surely there has been something brought to market that resolves leaking gutter joins.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 732025793.jpg
    iOS Image - 732025793.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 226
Sponsored Links
i used CT1 on my very old cast iron gutters , worked really well, and still going when i left in 2017 and i redid all the joins in 1997
not used on any of the plastic gutters, in my daughters property we replace the joints that had gone with new sections from wickes - they had been badly mastic and leaked like mad, 1970's property

Also CT1 can be used in water , so no issue when WET

is it because you cannot get the gutter profile and replace

is the gutter actually over the rubber seal , my bangalow had an issue where the new guttering had not been extended into the join enough to clip down on the seal

Last edited:
There’s specific gutter sealants as well, but I like to replace the rubber seals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back