Leaking Hot Water Tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I think the above is leaking as I have found a pool of water in the airing cupboard, however as their is a insulation jacket over the boiler I can not see properly is it is the tank or a connecting pipe. the leak is just a drip at the moment and it is cold water

Can anyone advise is you can cut off the insulation, the tank is about 6 years old and the insulation is green and is quite hard but if you push on it it will be indented.

I am not sure of the type of tank.

I am going to try and tighten the cold water feed pipe connection to the tank to see if it cures it but failing that i will have to take the tank out.

Also is their anyway to repair a tank or does it have to be replaced if it is leaking.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Can anyone advise is you can cut off the insulation, the tank is about 6 years old and the insulation is green and is quite hard but if you push on it it will be indented.

I am going to try and tighten the cold water feed pipe connection to the tank to see if it cures it but failing that i will have to take the tank out.

Also is their anyway to repair a tank or does it have to be replaced if it is leaking.

Thanks

cut the insulation with a stanley knife then it just pulls off.

if it's the cold feed check the gate valve half way up pipe is not leaking and running down pipe.

i would say it's a connection rather than the tank if it's only six yrs old.

Sponsored Links
if you cut the insulation round the pipe connector and pull that piece off, you may be able to stick it back on again in one piece after you're repaired the leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back