Leaking Megaflow Cylinder

Nonetheless; the spec of the red vesseli have connected to my CH is not high enough t meet eventualities of UV cylinder specs.

And who makes tea from the hot water tap? Who drinks bathwater??

Sponsored Links
Axel. so what you are saying, fitting a vessel that is NOT potable water suited is fine since you are not going to drink water from the hot tap.

What about the water from the balanced connection that goes to the cold kitchen tap- that is the water that makes a cup of tea and that is the water that would come from a vessel that is NOT suitable for use on hot water system

This is the point I have been trying to get at. The vessel that is used on UV cylinders has a bladder that contains expansion water. Water does not come in contect with metal surface hence no corrosion/ discolouration of expansion water. It has nothing to do with red vessel or high pressure vessel which red vessel that can be specd as high pressure.

Kitchen tap connected straight to mains, as are all other cold taps.

Ok, thanks for pointing out the potability issue of expansion vessels specially made for UV, but in my opinion the ability to function correctly and be safe for the appropriate pressure is still the most important thing.

Is hot water potable when there's a dead pigeon floating around in a water tank feeding a vented system??

Of course *technically* there should be an anti-legionella valve fitted to the expansion vessel as well, or alternatively a twin-port through-flow type expansion vessel used, as there is the possibility of stagnation of the warm water inside the vessel. How many people actually comply with this however is a different matter, but it should be done to be strictly correct.....

Sponsored Links
Wow this blokes a cracker!! Diy leak seal holding 3 bar wow !! Just put the right safety devices in the right places an stop Tryin to b clever do u think they just put these limits on for fun!!

Wow this blokes a cracker!! Diy leak seal holding 3 bar wow !! Just put the right safety devices in the right places an stop Tryin to b clever do u think they just put these limits on for fun!!

If the leak fix can't take the 3 bar, then it will start to leak again, as it did before. Then I will have to replace the cylinder. However, it has been fine for a couple of years now.

I did put the right safety device in place. It was the original G3 installer that didn't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back