Leaking Overflow pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help with my problem, our outside overflow at the back of the house is leaking (there are two together, and this one is on the right handside looking at the back of the house), its been leaking slowly for a while and now getting worse!

I dont think its anything to do with the toilets as we shut the water off upstairs ( we have leaks in two toilets), can anyone offer any advice. I know I will have to get in a plumber but id like to identify the problem first if possible.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
must be one of the tanks in the loft then.
what type of system have you ?

I am not to sure to be honest, the boiler is in the garage. The "hot water" switch in the kitchen has never heated the water so we have always had to use the immersion on the water tank upstairs. It seems unfortunately that all the plumbing has gone at once.
It is strange cos sometimes it leaks profusely, and other days not at all!

check the tanks.
could be the stat faulty on the immersion and boiling the water so filling the tank.
can be a number of reasons.

need to check what tank it is first thats filling.

Sponsored Links
you are going to have to follow that pipe back and see where it comes from

Likely candidates:

the large cold water tank that supplies the bath tap and the hot cylinder

the small Feed and Expansion tank that tops-up the radiator

A WC cistern

A boiler

Have a look at the thing that it is coming from and describe what you see. We can't give any sensible advice otherwise

go in the loft and look what tank is overflowing.
and is the water in the tank hot or cold.
there will be two tanks one small one large.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back