Leaking pipe under kitchen floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Newbie and apologies if this is not correct place for this query.
I have the above issue which has been reported to insurers for obvious reasons.
The pipe is a hot water supply to kitchen sink under concrete and electric heating mat and limestone quarry tiles. The moisture has travelled up one wall and soaked into kitchen cabinets causing some to split etc and will need replacing. I have had several visits from people in order to identify if there is a leak! The answer is definitely yes I am now advised the pipework may be re-routed around kitchen perimeter to the sink but also the floor could be lifted!
I will need new cabinets which are Sheraton but of course they are now superseded so I will need newer type and others to match. I have not tried the floor heating (not been used in several years) but it would need replacing if the floor must come up. I am in a dilemma. If the re-route option is chosen and underfloor heating is found to be faulty! What is my best option.
This has been passed backwards and forwards by insurers since July last year and the leak is still unresolved. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The obvious solution is the reroute the pipework anyway. By doing this if ever there was repetition of this, the upheaval will not be as dramatic to manufacture a repair.
Then hopefully you have no issue with the UFH system, but if you did that is just unlucky.
But it would be advised to have an expert perform some electrical test on it, to establish if there has been any water damage to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back