Leaking Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a slight drip coming from my radiator. I do have cover on my house insurance for these types of call outs, but in the current climate I’d rather not have to make people come out.

Im not great with plumbing, but if it’s a simple fix I’d have a go.

There’s a slight drip coming the nut highlighted in the picture. Is it just a case of trying to tightening the nut, or something more?

Thanks

Attachments

• C9247AD9-3CBF-4623-95F0-1DE1C6A7D052.jpeg
    C9247AD9-3CBF-4623-95F0-1DE1C6A7D052.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 156
Sponsored Links
That looks like it may be a bent tap connector. If so there will be a rubber/fibre seal in there. Hopefully it may just need a tweak to tighten up but it may not and worst case is the seal has degraded and will need replaced.

If it's the latter and it's a pressurised system then it will need the radiator valves shut off, the system depressurised and then loosened and the washer replaced.

I think its a stem elbow in which case it will be an olive in there. You could just try nipping up the nut but don't overdo it and use a tool of some kind to stop the elbow turning as its tightened.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks. I’ll try giving the nut a slight nip, otherwise I think I’ll have to get someone out.

edit to say I gave the nut a slight tightening, it didn’t take any pressure at all to give it a slight turn, and fingers crossed the drip appears to have stopped.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back