leaking soap draw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there hope you can help
i have a whirlpool awm 1400 that leaks from the soap draw when its filling. the draw and hole are completely clean and the water pressure has been turned down, it seems to leak from underneath the soap drew and run down the fascia, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
take soap drawer out and clean it, and where it sits, also m/c should tilt slightly backwards

mine does that big boy. ive never had a definitive answer, but i tilted it so it sits backwards a bit ever so slightly once id got it completely level. That seemed to help and i also put a tiny dob of mastic in the hole in the draw lining at the front (take the draw out and youll see it.) Both seem to work 95% of the time

Whirlpool machines often have quite a small bore hose from the drawer into the drum and this can get choked with soap residue. To get at this hose you may need to remove the front of the casing.

Sponsored Links
To remove the front you take off the wire & spring securing the door seal and pull the front of the seal away from the panel, remove the 2 screws holding the door switch, remove the lower trim panel and the screws along the bottom edge of the panel, which is then pulled downwards and away.

fido cheers for that, now before i attempt it another important question....is it easy to put back together in one piece?????????

The only difficult bit is getting the wire back round the front edge of the door seal but the machine will work fine without that bit fitted.

Sarcastic I Know but why put the retaining wire/spring on there if it "works ok without it "

I suppose if you are particularly rough with duvet covers etc when stuffing them in the machine you might catch the edge of the rubber and partly pull it away from its seating but there are plenty of these machines out there that have been used for years without this wire. On Hotpoint machines you might have a problem if the wire was missing, as their door seals are not such a tight fit.

ive only posted a couple of replies if you do a search on my posts it should cure your problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back