Leaking TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During the summer (when the radiators had not been used for a few months) I noticed the TRV fitted to a radiator had developed an intemittent leak (apparently from the valve body itself). A few weeks later the same thing happened to another TRV on a different radiator (both are ACL valves). Neither leak is that bad - a few drips occasionally - but do need fixing. There is a knurled ring on these valves which I believe will enable me to remove the top of the valve but if I do this am I likely to find anything inside which I can adjust to stop the leak (eg. a gland nut or similar) ?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I am a bit rusty on ACL drayton TRV but i dont think there is mate as i believe that the pin is pushed in,

this may not be the case so ask down at your local merchants they will be happy to help as we all know that plumbers merchant counter staff are all ways cheerful and happy to see you :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back