Leaking Velux

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi – I wondered if someone had some advice on leaking Velux windows.

I have two Velux windows, same age, installed next to each other (a couple of metres apart). On both lower corners of both windows, there is water ingress and the wooden frame is damp. On one of windows, in heavy rain, water is leaking onto the ceiling below which has stained/cracked the ceiling. In particularly heavy rain, that part of the ceiling is damp to the touch.

I think that the roof pitch may be the issue. I have attached two photos – on the first one, you can see the blackened frame and on the second one, I've tried to show the roof pitch. I think the problem is that at the bottom of the frame (red arrows), the wood is effectively exposed to the rain/wind – you can see where I've tried to apply some weatherproof tape to see if it helps…it doesn't.

Would anyone agree that the exposed wood is the problem? Can anyone think of a DIY solution to this?

Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back