Leaky Loo Flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Over the weekend, my loo has started to not return the flush button once pressed, leaving the water continuously running into the bowl. I'm currently getting round it by lifting the cistern lid and pushing down the blue part in the attached pictures.

I suspect I'll need a new flush kit, but all the tutorials I have seen on Youtube suggest that I need to remove the cistern, but this loo looks like it is an all in one job- any suggestions? IMG_0612.JPG IMG_0613.JPG IMG_0614.JPG IMG_0615.JPG

Sponsored Links
I'm sure I had the same on mine. The middle bit bolts on from under the system though so had to remove the cistern to remove it.

I'm sure I had the same on mine. The middle bit bolts on from under the system though so had to remove the cistern to remove it.

Yeah, I've got no bolts on the sides to remove unfortunately

You may find that the flush valve undoes like a light bulb- quarter turn and it lifts out leaving a socket in the bottom of the cistern

Sponsored Links
You may find that the flush valve undoes like a light bulb- quarter turn and it lifts out leaving a socket in the bottom of the cistern

Oh, really? Should I still do the switch off water, empty cistern bit first, or would it be watertight even without the valve in there? In my head, any water in there would just run into the bowl?

Yes, turn off the supply to the cistern - if the flush valve does come out the water will just "flush " until the cistern is empty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back