Lean To Pergola Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope you can help me.

I am in the process in building a lean to pergola and wanted to check if my plans are good enough.

I am using 150mm x 47mm (6x2) Roof Joists with centres at 739mm
This will be held in place by a 150mmx47mm (6x2) attached to the brick wall of the house.
At the front - 2 x 100mmx100mm (4x4) posts and 150mmx47mm (6x2) accross.

Width: 3740mm with approx Length of 3000mm

The roof will be covered with 10mm Polycarbonate Sheets cut at 717mm by 3000mm

Roof sheets calculations: joist centres 739mm - glazing bars centres take up 8mm on each side - so I need to deduct 16mm. Which leaves me with 723mm. I also need to account 3mm on each side for breathing space. So this leaves me with 717mm..

The two posts will have a approx span of 3000mm

The rood will have a 5 degree drop.

The posts are 3000mm in height of which 721 will go into the ground and cemented.

For extra support I was thinking attaching few coach bolts to the decking structure. But I am not sure if this would be a good idea.

Would you change anything and does the structure sound safe?

Sponsored Links
Sounds ok. But a few things to consider

Have you an windows or soil pipe etc above the pergola ?

Where is your boiler flue in relation to the area to be covered ?

Any trees near it that will deposit leaves onto the roof ?

Martin.

Hi Martin, thank you for your reply. Sorry I have just seen your post. I have made progress with the garden but also had a massive set back as the roof joists have twisted. So, I have to do them again..

Sponsored Links
Been busy myself with limestone paving in the front. Make sure you put some noggins in to stop the twisting. The rain and hot sun a pain with fresh timber if not seasoned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back