LED lamps

OK, it seems my GB sticker is no good, but due to British government rules, not because the EU objects to it.

Why do you say that ? No British copper is going to have any interest in that, it is only for overseas, and overseas doesn't care. You seem to be going out of your way to look for the minutest potential problem.

My comments are only valid for France ( you did mention "gendarmes " ) where it is one vest https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F19459. Should you have to carry eight in a big Toyota van ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Why do you say that ? No British copper is going to have any interest in that, it is only for overseas, and overseas doesn't care. You seem to be going out of your way to look for the minutest potential problem. Is this your normal operating procedure ?

My comments are only valid for France ( you did mention "gendarmes " ) where it is one vest https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F19459. Should you have to carry eight in a

No British copper is going to have any interest in that, it is only for overseas, and overseas doesn't care.
That would be my thought too. While in UK it doesn't matter, and abroad GB tells anybody all they need to know. But apparently the rules now say it must be UK, and for the cost of a sticker.......
You seem to be going out of your way to look for the minutest potential problem.
If I were looking for things to worry about I would be using beam deflectors and carrying breathalysers (2 minimum I believe before it was kicked into the long grass)
My comments are only valid for France ( you did mention "gendarmes " ) where it is one vest.
OK, but I might visit other countries, and I have more than enough hi-vises so I'll take one each in case.
Should you have to carry eight in a big Toyota van ?
Possibly (but not in France). Don't know what you have to do with a 40-seater coach! :(

and carrying breathalysers (2 minimum I believe before it was kicked into the long grass)

:(

No . This was falsely hypothesised on the very "rare" basis that you could be tested and then " need to " go on your way with another "operational" test in the car. In truth, this law was so stupid that the test you carried never had any legal weight , never had to be used.

Attachments

• clear.png
    clear.png
    137 bytes · Views: 49
Sponsored Links
No . This was falsely hypothesised on the very "rare" basis that you could be tested and then " need to " go on your way with another "operational" test in the car. In truth, this law was so stupid that the test you carried never had any legal weight , never had to be used.
OK, if 2 is a "false hypothesis" how many breathalysers were you meant to have in the car?

OK, it seems my GB sticker is no good, but due to British government rules, not because the EU objects to it.
The UK government has changed our national identifier to "UK" instead of "GB" because post-Brexit, it is paranoid about losing Northern Ireland. It signed an agreement to keep NI in regulatory alignment with the EU, and it is now quite scared of that closer alignment. At least, that's my take on it!

The UK government has changed our national identifier to "UK" instead of "GB" because post-Brexit, it is paranoid about losing Northern Ireland. It signed an agreement to keep NI in regulatory alignment with the EU, and it is now quite scared of that closer alignment. At least, that's my take on it!
I doubt if most police abroad would know it should be a UK sticker, or if they did, would care! If my car already had a GB one I don't think I'd bother changing it.

Most places seem to sell them in packs of 2 anyway.

I've never seen them. When they were a hot topic ( under Sarkozy 2007- 2012 ) they were always out of stock and then when it was clarified that there was no punishment for not having them, they disappeared from sale.

I've never seen them. When they were a hot topic ( under Sarkozy 2007- 2012 ) they were always out of stock and then when it was clarified that there was no punishment for not having them, they disappeared from sale.
I got my last pair at Halfords. Mind you, that was pre-pandemic.

I doubt if most police abroad would know it should be a UK sticker, or if they did, would care! If my car already had a GB one I don't think I'd bother changing it.
I'd have thought pretty much every French traffic cop in any of the Channel ports would know? Whether they'd be bothered, is a different question, of course...

Sponsored Links
Back