led light help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some help in setting up some led lights.

I will be getting five strips, either 30cm or 24" - either way they are 12v.

Each one lights a vivarium in a stack - I want to be able to power them off one power supply.

I also want to be able to either individually turn one or two off or connect them in at a later date (easily) as only 3 of the vivs will be in use at the time and I don't want to light the empty ones.

I have tried google and ebay and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me so I need it in dummies terms please!

I have wired plugs, extension cables and cookers up so not a total novice when it comes to wires but I have no clue what power supply I need and what parts I need to wire the led strips in. Each one comes with a decent length of power cable.

This is one of the ones I am considering.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Someone please help :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Looks like that ebay seller does not know what is what! LEDs are not neon lights, and neon lights are defiantly not LEDs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back