LED Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am thinking of replacing the entire wiring in the house with LED. The issue is that I have not found many books or sites indicating how I can achieve this. Does anyone know of any ?

I understand that LED works from a driver unit that is supplied by a normal lighting circuit and voltage to the Main consumer unit. Correct me if I am wrong.

What are the potential pitfalls and hazards ? Does anyone have some experience of self installations ?

If this has already been asked somewhere then please let me know.

Thanks,
KSG. :)

Sponsored Links
Hi,
If you intend to do this you will need to contact local building controls to notify them of this work they will charge a fee and inspect your work at first and second fix, they will expect this to comply to the requirement of both BS7671 and Part P of building regulation.
It's not that straight forward and reading a book and taking advice from forum members may not be that helpful either.
Other than the fact you'd be better off employing an suitible qualified electrician.

You should invest in some good rechargeable torches too - so you can find your way around when it gets dark, or if you want to read...

Sponsored Links
I always make sure that i have the last words in any arguement with Mrs Twocities.

Those words are

Yes dear

I remember once, along time ago!
I was lucky enough to get the last words in.
When I say lucky, she was not listerning at the time. I think she had got distracted be some shoes in a shop window!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back