LED tilt downlight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Replacing one of these that has failed like for like. It says easy push connectors. I can’t see how to remove the wires from failed unit. Any tips. I just don’t want to damage anything by pulling the wires out. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_8545.jpeg
    IMG_8545.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If they are the same as your third photo, it looks if pressing the spring loaded top of the square peg, with the slight bigger square top, should release them.

3rd photo is the new replacement, photo 2 is the failed unit.

Sponsored Links
I found that a 1.5mm cable just wouldn't come out of those LAP terminals, probably best just to cut it and re-bare the wires anyway, wiring it properly

Okay guys. Done it and it’s easier than I thought. To remove the wires you just push down on the small grey plungers and the wires just pull out. To put wires in you only need to push them, no need to push plungers down but you can to make it easier. Hope this helps others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back