LEDLite Lamps from TLC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys and Gals,
I come seeking advice / opinion again.
Does any of you have experience with LEDLite lamps from TLC?
Mainly 2w pygmy LED
Coloured 2W GLS LED?
4w Candle LED?

Ok, the reason I ask, is I have a combination of these lamps (about 40) in a theatre, to be honest, no major issues, apart from..

The 2W GLS I have now had 3 out of 4 have now failed (within a month) 2 resorted to a dull flicker, 1 went last night with an impressive bang, blew 2 fuses and smells nicely of pickled onion!

TLC have in fairness replaced faulty lamps with no quibble, but, starting to get a little worried...

Any thoughts?

All lamps are indoors, not subject to vibration etc.

Thank you as always

Peter

Sponsored Links
I have about 50 of the 2W GLS coloured LEDs and despite what they say, they do not like being outside. The design is "poor", there's no seal between globe and cap, so as they "breath" they draw in moisture which then shorts it out internally. I had one that completely filled with water :eek: Quite a few have recovered after while inside to dry out - and I've drilled small holes in them so they can drain and breath.
But I've had no other failures, and internally they are very simple.
BTW, they dim nicely on a transformer - I run the string of 40 across the back fence at 55V, 80W of LED light is "a bit much" :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back