Level Upstairs Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I am getting a builder to replace a sagging timber beam ( fitted years before I bought the place) that was put in place to support the rear upstairs bed rooms after removing a supporting wall downstairs. I have the structural survey done and have the steels size. The builder will jack the floor but there is a 2" drop which I doubt they'll get too level without cracking the stud walls and ceiling. I want to level the floor in the bedroom so I will remove the existing floor boards and replace with floor sheets. I just want your opinion on

1. Should I use packing to level the boards, or should I sister some 50mm x 100mm structural timbers

2 should I bolt the sisters or use glue and screws as these will not be structural as such, if you think I should sister that is.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back