Upstairs floor straddles block wall and joists at different levels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I had a squeaky uneven upstairs bedroom floor that seemed to go downhill at one end. I removed old t&g floor to find the room straddled the wall between utility room and the garage. The top of the breeze blocks being higher than the top of the joists. So am now a bit puzzled as to how to proceed. Do I sister the joists to a higher level? If so, what timber and fixings should I use? Also I should note that I've just had the ceiling below replastered! Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sorry.
1583753889617666205495465818436.jpg
15837539675045247727873861776191.jpg

First image shows problem with blocks higher than joists. Also one joist shown with yellow level is higher at that end than rest.
Second image shows other end, which all seems fine.

I think I bit off more than I could chew with this one. So a mate who does floors said he'd remove the top blocks, replace with timber noggins and plane down the raised joist.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back