Levelling up garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a garden and i have created a border to one side using treated fence posts as border edge. The border will have decorate bark or aggregates in it.

However the garden dip as it get nearer to the border making it unlevel. Also not much grass is growning due to continual trampling. Now the border and grass area is seperate it wont get trampled on and am looking for the best way to level it up.

Can i remove the top layer of grass (whats there of it) to the dipped part and lay some top soil to level it off and either put grass seed down or ready made rolls of lawn.
Will this work?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
yes.

they do that with mountains too, when they build roads, chop the top off and put it in the valley.

obvioulsy its not as easy as it sounds though

Sponsored Links
i did.

i am sayinging what you suggest is what they do when they build roads across mountians, only you will be doing it on a much smaller scale

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back