LG TV retune on power up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The LG TV's here, but just the 630V showing this issue...

I do a retune, because one is suggested, which finds several main transmitters, I select my country, county, town. All then works fine, but sometimes at switch on, it comes up with a white panel, inviting me to re-enter the country, county and town - except it doesn't list my local transmitter at all, only the one for the N/E. I've not found a way to bypass the white panel, when it appears, other than accepting the N/E, then doing a retune/reselect of the my own local transmitter. Anyone found a solution to get rid of the white panel please?

Sponsored Links
This happen on standby or if you switch off at wall over night?
Sounds like internal memory battery inside has failed so it forgets stations.
Maybe leave on standby

It's always left on standby. There is no memory battery, it seems to only happen, when switched on after a retune has taken place.

https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-43UJ630V or one in the same model range? I can't find the manual there to read it.

You could try their support chat/email/phone for advice?

Check for a setting in the TV to NOT auto retune and instead just alert you that a retune may be required. Just keep an eye out on suitable forums for when a retune might be necessary? (Such as this week's BBC ONE (English Region) HD change.)

I have a Hisense TV in bedroom that does a similar regular popup on switch on. Fortunately only Sandy Heath is found here so it's more of a slight annoyance than anything else for me. I don't remember it doing that process on Wednesday though when it happened... it just told me that the 'channel list has been updated' for 101 while I was watching the TV after turning in on from standby.

Sponsored Links
Check for a setting in the TV to NOT auto retune and instead just alert you that a retune may be required. Just keep an eye out on suitable forums for when a retune might be necessary? (Such as this week's BBC ONE (English Region) HD change.)

It doesn't auto retune, if the channel map changes, it invites me to retune, I can then retune or not - I almost always do. The issue is the popup after a retune and next morning at switch on, where it seems to decide to change my local transmitter, to the first one it has found in the previous scan.

And as it happens, it has just changed it's selected region transmitter again to the N/W one - yes I meant the N/W earlier, when started this thread - not the N/E.

Which two transmitters are we talking about? and what signal/quality is reported for the 3 PSB muxes from each of the two?

You may - if LG are unable to help with a solution - need to do a 'fiddle' by e.g. reducing the signal level to the set such that it never sees the main transmitter and only gets your local relay when doing a retune. (Fit an attenuator temporarily).

Freeview sadly allows the set makers to determine the tuning / storing algorithms they use so different makes and models can produce different results on the same signals presented to them.

You may - if LG are unable to help with a solution - need to do a 'fiddle' by e.g. reducing the signal level to the set such that it never sees the main transmitter and only gets your local relay when doing a retune. (Fit an attenuator temporarily).

All three transmitters are main transmitters, my local one being the stronger one. My chimney mount antenna went faulty some months ago, so as a temporary, until the weather warmed - I installed one in the loft. Before that, I had used an attenuator, to stop the set constantly seeing new stations.

I have refitted the attenuator and so far - it has not switched, or offered to switch to the N/W transmitter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back