LG OLED TV 2021

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased the latest version of the LG 0LED TV.
Got to say the picture is absolutely stunning, especially UHD transmissions.
There is an awful of of adjustments that can be made and it will take a long time exploring all that can be done. Some of the adjustments are not explained too well and therefore become a little bewildering. An absolute incredible TV.
Now ta couple of question that some knowledgeable LG person may be able to help with as to be honest I do not trust a word the local LG representative in PC World says. I don't know a lot but it is a whole load more than this guy knows.
1. The TV I have replaced used to have a Text facility on BBC1 which enabled me to get News, Weather and Sport information. The Sport section was great as I could view times of scheduled matches, Scores, League Tables etc which was very useful. This Text facility is not available on the New LG TV and some sources have said that this facility is not available on any of the latest TV's.
Is this correct, and if not, does anyone know how to get it on the latest LG TV's?
Maybe there is a setting which I have not found yet.
2. The new LG TV has of course a programme list facility, but this list only goes up to channel 699. The radio channels 700 - 740 are not included on the list. The LK 'expert' tells me to retune the set but that is 'BS' like everything else this guy utters, as I can get the radio channels but only by manually entering the required channel number such as 718 for Smooth Radio. in a cumbersome series of push buttons I can see all of the available 700+channels which confirms the TV is tuned into them but it is a pain getting to them.
So the question is , can these channels be added to the channel list facility so that it is possible to page through them when searching for a suitable Radio channel. Once again there may be some setting to achieve my objectives that I haven't found yet. I find new setting almost daily when playing around with the settings, there are come facilities that become available by holding some of the buttons down for over 2 seconds and a new variety of setting is revealed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Swwils, What are the apps called, where do I get them from and how do I install them ??

If you press the home button on the remote, a menu should popup that shows the apps currently installed.

One will be a shop where you can see what apps are available.

Once installed they act like channels.

TV will need to be on your WiFi.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Swwils, I'll give that a go. thanks again for your advice.

Hi Swwils, Thanks for the advice on the apps process. Absolutely fantastic amount of stuff in there of which, in my ignorance, I was unaware.
I can't find an App in there that give me the Radio channels 700-740 or the app which will give me the BBC 1 Text facility. I will keep searching and see if I can find anything.
Thanks so much for the advice and education.

Hi Mottie,
That 'myTuner' app is incredible, I have downloaded it and the content and ease of use is amazing. Thanks so much for the link.

Hi Herts P&D/Andy/Jay Cartwright,
I think your reply to my thread has been sent to the wrong Thread. It certainly makes no sense to me.

Hi Herts P&D/Andy/Jay Cartwright,
I think your reply to my thread has been sent to the wrong Thread. It certainly makes no sense to me.

He just means that I answer a lot of the questions here.

If you're exceptionally bored, and it would have to be in extreme, then you could check out some of my previous posts. Or save yourself the time and take it as read that there are quite a few :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back