Light on room stat on constantly.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
I am retired plumber and have wired hundreds of y plans, but I am lost with this problem.
New Ideal Logic + 18 Heat only boiler fitted December 2012 with weather compensation, Existing Y Plan Honeywell with ST7100 time clock, New V4073 fitted.
Four wires in to boiler Mains and switched live from cylinder stat ON, Pump, SL and Neutral from hot Off, And weather compensation 2 core.
I fitted a new Room Stat last week and the light is on all the time but gets brighter when calling for heat.
The system works very well especially weather compensator.
I am getting a small feed back that flickers the light on stat, I am wondering if it is from White Wire on V4073.
Any Thought`s would be appreciated.
Alex.

Sponsored Links
sounds like its just a back feed from the three port valve this often happens cant remember the correct voltage that it produces 60v-100v rings a bell but cant really remember

Thanks for that lads, Honeywell T6360B Looked at different system`s but had to keep it simple so the Wife could still work it, I wish I had fitted better TRV`S (Liquid Heads) do they work better a bit out of touch with modern stuff retired in 1999, But often read this Forum out of interest. I would like to go on a condensing boiler course to keep up
Prefer Ideal I was Corgi Registered.
Thank`s Alex.

Sponsored Links
Honeywell T6360B
Presumably the T6360B1036 as you have the version with the indicator light.

Have you made sure that the wires to terminals 1 and 3 haven't been swapped? 1 is the feed from the programmer CH ON and 3 should go to the valve White.

Thanks for that ianmcd & D Hailsham, I checked the wiring all ok, Getting 242 Volts when calling for heat on Red And Yellow and 46Volts on Yellow when stat switches off. Very interesting? good mind to swap over Red and Yellow and see what happens can you see any problems with that.
Alex

You will always get a back feed , it has always been there but is only noticed when the programmer has a neon showing for on , that is why it is dimmer when not calling for heat, its just the way that the resistors work in the mid position valve

I found this thread whilst trying to troubleshoot my Honeywell T6360 thermostat (http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents/Installation-Guide/pdf/1151.pdf). The old one packed in, so I replaced it with the same. However, the old one had been wired as follows:

Red in Terminal 1 (Live)
Yellow in Terminal 3 (Switch output)
Blue in Terminal 4 ("to drive closed a drive open / drive closed valve actuator")

Nothing was connected to earth or the neutral terminal (2). This didn't seem correct according to the diagrams.

I reconnected the blue to the neutral terminal, and it seems to work, however, the indicator LED is permanently on, whether the heating is on or off o_O.

Any ideas how I might fix this? Should the red and yellow be swapped? Or is it a faulty unit?

Any help/pointers appreciated!

So it seems that live and the switch output were swapped. Now I have:

Yellow in Terminal 1 (Live)
Red in Terminal 3 (Switch output)
Blue in Terminal 2 (Neutral)

and it works as expected.

(So basically the previous installer had put every wire in an incorrect terminal!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back