Limit to the number of possible combi boilers in building?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question with regards to the increasing popularity of combination boilers within our block of residential flats.

Our property was converted in the early eighties and each of the ten flats installed with a conventional gas ch system. In the last three years or so I understand that two combination boilers have been installed replacing the previous systems. Because a combi boiler requires a minimum water pressure of 1 bar (sometimes more) am I right in thinking that additional combi instals will have a reducing effect on the available water pressure and perhaps render the prevailing pressure insufficient to meet the requirements for subsequent installations?

In other words, once the building has had four or five combi boilers, is it possible that this could be the limit possible in the property?

What gives me extra cause for concern is that Thames Water are rumoured to be reducing the water pressure over the coming months, diminishing the pressure further.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't think it would make any difference if your water was straight off the main as your water company pumps it through at high pressure, regardless of demand.
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back