Line between roller and brush on wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I am currently painting some fitted wardrobes that I had built. So far I have primed, then filled/caulked and sanded, then primed again, sanded once more and have done two coats of eggshell. I used a brush to cut in around the edges for all coats and then a roller for the larger panel sections.

But I don't seem to be able to get rid of the line between the paint brush and the roller - not in the finish it leaves behind but in the opacity of the paint itself. It is almost like the wood is still showing through at the joins, then there is a 2 inch band of white, then a shadow in the middle part.

Was I wrong to cut in with a brush? Is it just a case of more coats until it all blends in or is there another way of evening out the finish?

Any advice very welcome.

Thanks

Al

Sponsored Links
Firstly you were correct to use a brush for cutting in, the more coats of paint you apply the more pronounced the line will become. You will have to sand that out, then when again cutting in with your brush spread out more evenly "feathering" this will produce the desired finish.

Dec.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back