Linear drain... Can I use the outlet cap as an inlet cap too?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning a linear drain across the threshold of some slidiing doors - ACO Brickslot is the plan.

As you face the doors, there is an outside tap on the left. I'd also like to put a grate under this tap so water doesn't pool in this area (from the tap). The simplest thing would be to drain this into the linear drain from the left using an outlet cap - and then again use another outlet cap on the right to drain out.

Is this done/possible?

Sponsored Links
Of course. Though not sure why there would be water pooling there. Are you planning to leave the tap running?

The inlet to the ACO might be higher than the outlet of the gully you put there.

You might be better with an extra section (or 2) of ACO.

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's a good point too.
Can't do drain right the way across as the section in front of sliding doors dips in slightly... I can't see an effective way to space it from the door threshold so it's all in a line.
With me?

Last edited:
Yes, I think so.

The gully that I use at work (Osma 4D900) can be cut down the the top of the pipe is about an inch below the surface, although if your blocks or whatever surface are 60mm thick you need to be at least that deep.

There are some deeper ACO’s too if you need more fall on the pipe coming into it. All sounds doable though (y)

I was specifically thinking of using an aco brickslot - plastic.
The more I think about this though, the more hassle adding a gully here becomes I feel. I was trying to think about some easy access to the brickslot and preventing pools around the hose - which on reflection are more due to leaky connections than any real need...

Still not sure how I'll access the brickslot drain though - for maintenance, I mean. My question has evolved... any ideas?

Actually, I think I know now. I have to fit the corner unit and P-trap on exit side of the threshold, don't I?

I guess I can do two corner units if I want - either side - so I can rod from opposite side of outlet.

Thanks. I was just going for the regular black plastic one, however. There's no equivalent for your suggested part in that range.

Is there a seperate piece that serves as an outlet and access? Might be called a basket?

Otherwise with the corner access you could jet it clean but unlikely rod it.

On 5mtr you could probably push a normal hose up a few times to clear any silts.

Are you talking about cleaning out the channel ? The grilles usually lift off for cleaning !

He’s using a type that’s mostly underground with just a very narrow slot visible on the surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back