Lines on wall in updstairs bedrooms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've noticed that the bedrooms have 'lines' on the walls.... I think that this might be the timber frame inside of the wall showing through the plaster? Alternatively it could be where the plasterboards are joined together? This is in every room upstairs but not downstairs.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? It is very ugly. I was wondering if it was as simple as screwing the plasterboard back onto the wall?

Sorry for the quality of the picture but it looks much worse in real life and it visibly sticks out.
View media item 94047Another image from the hallway. where the line goes from floor to ceiling then more lines go off from this to make patterns like a ladder or a capital 'H'
View media item 94048

Sponsored Links
It's been taped, sanded and painted. It needs skimming (plastering).

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the feedback.

Does the whole wall have to be plastered or just the lines.

If I push on the lines it goes back toward the wall, like the board has come away from the wall. Can I not just screw it back onto the wall?

I'm looking for a DIY approach if possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back