Liquid detergent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it true, as I have been told, that using liquid detergent in a washing machine can ruin it, or at least reduce its working life, and that powder detergent should always be used for that reason?

Sponsored Links
No, it's not true. I think liquid is better for the machine than powder, which tends to form residues that can rot interior parts of the machine. Liquid is also mor likely to get measured accurately. Some people tend to just pour powder into the drawer until it's full, which is wasteful and won't give the best results.

must disagree with fido on this one. myself and a number of other repair guys have always felt that liquid detergent corrodes aluminium parts. particularly on machines like hoover logics. can't prove it of course but whenever i open up a machine and see such corrosion 9 times out of 10 they've had prolonged use with liquid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back