Little britain

Crafty said:
These people who go around doing LB impressions - "yeah but no but" WTF do they have any idea how STUPID they sound? "bovvered" :eek: AAAAAH!!!! GO AND PLAY WITH THE LORRIES ON THE MOTORWAY!!! :evil: Bring back Fawlty Towers!

'bovvered' is Catherine Tate, not LB, and I wish she would go play with the lorries on the motorway. :rolleyes: Dire isn't the word for it.

LB was excellent in series one, mainly because they'd had years to refine their sketches and find out what worked on radio first. The subsequent series were rushed out and it showed.

Matt married his boyfriend a few months back, but David has said he's 70% straight. :D

But, hey, it's each to his or her own. Personally, I could never see how anyone liked Dad's Army and yet it's hailed as an example of great British comedy. Will be interesting to see how LB is viewed in 30 years' time.

Sponsored Links
It's a matter of being tuned into the scriptwriters sense of humour at a particular time,which I believe changes with age and experiences.
Personally I found Dads Army a classic, some episodes were better than others same as the other comedies, The successful ones I think were those that made you so comfortable with the characters that you accepted them and could relate to them almost as a friend into your home, a winning formula used with soaps.
Once loyalty was captured the viewer would even accept the odd badly written episode.

Trouble with winning formulas is they are only as good as their current material and the viewers attention span can eventually fade if not fed a constant source of new and funny material, I don't envy the pressure some scriptwriters are put under to continue to supply quality content.

I totally agree with anobium........what in gods name is BRITAIN coming to ....I watched that c**p (or some of it) the other night with my wife and 19yr old daughter, I left the room after about ten minutes ashamed to be British. It is vulgar (yes I know I used the word "c**p"earlier) totally unfunny and a waste of OUR money, and as for Harry Enfield you can shove him up the little fat fellers a***e they would both be happy then.

These people who go around doing LB impressions - "yeah but no but" WTF do they have any idea how STUPID they sound? "bovvered" :eek: AAAAAH!!!! GO AND PLAY WITH THE LORRIES ON THE MOTORWAY!!! :evil: Bring back Fawlty Towers![/quote]

i quite like LB some of the characters are funny, however i must point out that the catch phrase "Bovvvereedd" is a catherine tate one and not one of LB.

sorry to be anal justthought id set it right :D

Sponsored Links
Swearing granny is good. Actually some her rants wouldn't be out of place on this forum.

Back