Liverpools Giants.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have been having a Sea Odyssey in Liverpool over the past three days featuring Giant Puppets. The story is based on a letter a young Liverpool girl sent to her father who worked and died on the Titanic.
Here is a link to some videos of the event. I think the whole thing was amazing. Be interested to know if anyone else actually went to any stages of the event. For a better understanding and to appreciate the re-union view the other clips before the re-union one.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/mult...on-for-little-girl-and-uncle-100252-30810656/

Sponsored Links
I was there this morning for the final part....we parked at Kings Dock and walked down to see the whole lot happen....it was an amazing thing to watch.

There where people getting emotional (mainly old women) when they uncle and niece finally met up with each other and hugged!

Then went to watch them get on the boat and sail away, the work involved in it was amazing, watching all those people operate the giants, and the dog was excellent.

Wasnt going to go at first, but decided last night to go and see what all the fuss was about....glad I did now.

Just watched that clip, looks like the acted out some of yesterdays parts this morning as they had another hug :D

If you watch behind the puppets you can see the operators 'abseiling' down ropes to make them move then running round and climbing up to do it again while the second team are coming down. Very hard work indeed.

Sponsored Links
Hi conny, the little girl her dog and uncle have been on the national news, so even us country bumpkins down in the South West have seen her on the box albeit very fleetingly, looks very clever, i believe its French, i do so admire the French, they know how to treat royalty and deal with "laws of the land" ie banning the pillar box thing, they stick together when they have a grievence the only thing i critisise them for is burning livestock.

ps Also when will they realise that English is the international language. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yep, seen the news clips on both BBC and ITV but they don't do it justice. Seeing them in real life makes you appreciate just how big they are. In fact, they are blo ody gigantic!!! :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

I was working solid for the 3 days this was on. Sorry I didn't get the chance to go and see them. I was a bit sceptical when I first heard about it with all of the road closures. But it seems to have been a great event which captured everyones imagination.

Yeah, I saw it on North West news last night, shame there was nothing about it on the TV before it happened so we knew about it, because i wouldn't have minded taking the kids up to see it...

Very true Andrew. Its estimated the event generated more than £12m for the local economy with more than double the expected 250,000 attending. Better publicity before hand would have doubled these figures easily.
As has been said, TV coverage didn't do it justice.

le machine (the giant spider) was much much better im afraid these didnt compare with that at all conny its a case of nice try but no cigar ;)

Sponsored Links
Back