Living room radiator problem HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PLEASE HELP
MY living room double radiator gets hot on the back panel of the raditor and only luke warm on the front panel. Also the rad is hot at the top and cold at the bottom. i think this is the last rad in the system but not too sure.
I have already tried the following:
Flushed the radiator last year also ran pipes when rad was off to check flows and all was ok.
Inhibitor added to the system last summer.Magnaclean fitted.
balanced all rads the other day which made a slight difference, not much tho.
inlet flow pipe gets red hot but the outlet pipe barely gets warm.

can anyone suggest anything else before i just buy a new rad??

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you :D

Sponsored Links
Have you tried closing all rads and fully opening the affected rad? If your pump has flow control set it to max. This might clear any blockage. The measures you have taken so far will have done little to clear a blockage in the rad.

I havnt tried this yet, all the rads are on stats, will turning them onto the lowest setting turn the others off enough to do this?? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Trv head is already off to check for this, to my knowledge it's not the pin head cos I've done the usual check.... tap wiggle of the pin. Pin is moving freely. Thanks for ur input

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back