Load calculations for Fuorescent Lamps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise on how to calculate the load current for 15 high frequency tube lights (116W / each fitting)...all on one circuit.

Normally it would be: I= Power/Voltage. But for dicharge lamps I think there is a multiplication factor (not the power factor..some other)

...can anyone show me the light !!!

Sponsored Links
1.8 factor
mean anything to you.

116x1.8 = 208.8

208.8x 15 = 3132w

3132/230 = 13.7amp

means a lot to me, I forgot to add it on during an exam and lost marks, still passed but those silly mistakes cost

fattony said:
means a lot to me, I forgot to add it on during an exam and lost marks, still passed but those silly mistakes cost

But I bet you'll never forget again though.

Sponsored Links
i'd have thought HF fittings would have a better power factor than conventional ones but maybe i'm wrong.

Thanks guys. Thats sorted me out. I read it somewhere but wasn't sure. Much appreciated.

comms said:
fattony said:

But I bet you'll never forget again though.

Definately not mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back