Location of vertical DPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 1950s brick house rendered on the outside and were getting damp in the plaster around a window reveal. I have cut the plaster back, foamed around the window (there was no foam previously) and resealed with silicone externally. I believe the issue is that the window is mounted ~5cm forward on the external leaf, thus creating a cold bridge.

My plan is now to close the cavity with a strip of DPC against the external leaf and a piece of celotex wedged and foamed in place. Once that is done I'll dryline with Marmox and plaster over top. I can't use a pre-fab cavity closer because the reveal face is very uneven and the width of the cavity wanders from 25-40mm.

My questions:

1. Where do I place the vertical DPC given that my windows are mounted so far forward on the external leaf? Do I need to wrap it around the corner and run it up to the window frame?

2. How do I stick the vertical DPC to the block, and will this impact my ability to dot and dab Marmox board over the reveal?

Attachments

• window1.JPG
    window1.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 106
  • window2.JPG
    window2.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back