Lock outs with gas boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moderators note:
Note that this forum does not support DIY gas work.

Baxi 100 HE plus combi.
Several years old gas boiler.
boiler was leaking but working ok, it was the expansion tank and the condensate filter causing leak, he also cleaned out the heat exchanger.
After getting fitted (by corgi registered) I kept getting a lock out, would fire for a few minutes then lock out again.
Gas fitter discovered that with the air box door panel removed it works ok with no lock outs.

He will be coming back in a couple of days but I am interested to know what is the likely cause of this.
Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
My biggest question/concern would be, has the boiler been left with the combustion cover removed but still on and working??
Not really an issue as I am using a couple of electric fires for now, it was only a test run when discovered it did not `lock out` when it was off.
The engineer will be coming back but I am intrigued as to why the cover makes the difference.

the engineer does have all the pressure / gas analysis gauges for testing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back