Halstead Combi Lock-Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from my post on Sunday, my Halstead Finest Gold Combi is now getting worse. It locks-out frequently on CH, occasionally on DHW, and there is no pattern to this. At times when the thermostat clicks the burner off the boiler will then lock-out rather than simply go off, other times boiler will be in the middle of CH burning and suddenly lock-out. Sometimes mid-shower it will lock, other times you can fill a bath and it works perfectly. System recently cleaned, new heat exchanger.

Plumber can find nothing directly wrong, yet it still locks out - suggested it could be fan, PCB, gas valve.

Any clues / suggestions / help?

I have rung Halstead but am not a plumber - it's difficult to explain.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Could I suggest you employ a Boiler Engineer rather a "plumber".

Any competent boiler engineer will be able to find the fault ( eventually ). Although some faults take longer to find than others.

You should try to find someone who will do it on a "No fix-No fee" basis or alternatively on a fixed price basis. NOT on an hourly rate!

You may find it better to ask Halstead for one of their approved service agents!

Tony Glazier

I doubt too many would offer to mend an intermittent fault which they can't see when on site, for a fixed fee. Some even refuse to turn up unless you can demonstrate the fault. It would be plus parts anyway, = a lot for a halstead pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back