Sime Halstead trio locks out on DHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi iv'e got a problem with my Halstead trio combi boiler, the CH side seems fine but when we turn the hot taps on the boiler locks out, it appears that when the limit stat resets the boiler restarts for a few seconds then locks out again, any help would be appreciated before i start stripping bits down, thanks,

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me as if its a gas combustion problem and therefore I cannot give you any further advice unless you are CORGI registered.

I am also worried that you intend to "strip it down"!

Tony Glazier

Sorry i should of explained i was a domestic appliance engineer for 25 years and also installed industrial dishwashers, so my engineering and plumbing skills are well above average, so thats why i would like a constructive view of what the fault might be, i have no intention of dismantling any of the gas componants only the serviceable boiler parts plus the electrical side,

Have you measured the temperate that this "high limit stat" is operating at and compared it with the rated operating temperature?

I would have expected the problem is with the device that drives the bit that looks like a water level switch but then I am not in front of the boiler.

Tony

Sponsored Links
No not yet tony its going to be my saturday job, so i will be checking that, and thanks again lets hope i can find a fault there, steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back