Locking window open overnight

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

My new house has back bedrooms which are easily accessible from the ground. A burglar could easily get (without a ladder) onto the flat roofed extension and from there to the uPVC casement windows which would be at waist height.

What's the best way to secure the window open for ventilation at night? The cable restrictors look to be flimsy and more about fall protection than safety. Could the "Boa" type look be opened from outside? Any other thoughts?

To clarify I'm looking for secure ventilation while the house is occupied. Windows would be shut when the house was empty.

Thanks

bsr

Sponsored Links
Thanks but that's for top opening windows only and mine is side opening. Also that looks like a burgular could easily open it.

Sponsored Links
Hello

I got one of these in the end: Jacloc "Robust". Easy enough to fit and looks considerably stronger than the standard 3mm steel cable ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back