Lockshield is 1/2 inch X 1/2 inch but only 15mm available

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've noticed that my lockshield valve va has been leaking. The construction doesn't seem to have a bonnet that I could tighten up and the only replacement I can find are half inch by 15 mm. Presumably I can replace the 1/2 inch on the pipe with 15 mil but then I'll be putting an olive in the same place.
Any tips or ideas?

Attachments

• PXL_20210511_133830790.jpg
    PXL_20210511_133830790.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 124
Sponsored Links
Without changing the compression nut on the pipe?

You may have to change both nuts, just cut the olive off and replace.
The 1/2" refers to the 1/2" BSP thread on the end that takes the rad tail, there is very little difference in size between 1/2" and 15mm pipe.

Sponsored Links
Without changing the compression nut on the pipe?
Almost certainly no need. The thread on 15mm compression fittings is nowadays always 1/2" BSP AFAIK. I have some old ones in my scrap pile which have finer thread, but I haven't seen any recently.
Incidentally 22mm compression fittings are not threaded 3/4" BSP as there isn't enough wall thickness.

just cut the olive off and change the complete valve, will look crap if you use the existing nut

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back