Lockshield valve stuck after refitting rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! Desperately need some help if possible!

I've removed all the radiators in my new house to decorate (3 downstairs, 3 upstairs) all of which have lockshield vales. None of them were a problem to remove at all. I've now replaced the three upstairs and found that the lockshiled valves on all of them are seized solid. The manual valves opened up no problem and water flowed into the rads, but I cannot budge the lockshiled valves. I was able to close them no problem, and they have been off for about two weeks. All three are literally solid and won't move even slightly. Have I made a major booboo by opening the manual valves first?

Any help and advice much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Have you also tightened the gland nut? The gland nut is at the bottom of the spindle that you turn, where it enters the valve body.

Try loosening the gland nut slightly, and turning the spindle. If the gland nut weeps, tighten it SLIGHTLY until it stops.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back