loft condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This winter I've got condensation on the loft roofing felt all over. We've been in this house for about 18 months and this wasn't a problem last year. The only change I've done is to install a gas fired condensing combi boiler and removed the old solid fuel boiler. I've also removed all of the tanks from the loft and the copper pipework. I've blocked all holes where the pipes passed from the airing cupboard to the loft space. I've also checked the loft hatch door seal and double checked theres no more gaps anywhere. The new boilers vent is a good distance from the soffits so I'm pretty sure it's not that. The old flue pipe is still in place although obviously not used, this comes through the roof at the gable ends but isn't in the actual loft space. The loft ventilation isn,t very clever although I can see slight daylight from the darkened loft in a couple of places.
Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
hmm, i was wondering, i there actually a way to try to reduce condensation by not installing any sort of ventilation whatsoeva? we have a dehumidifier but that doesnt seem to be doing much either

I think I'll install soffit vents and see how that goes. I've got to get someone to remove the old flue from the roof so I could get some vent tiles fitted at the same time.
I just can't understand why I didn't have condensation last year?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back