Loft Header tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does it matter what size your header tank is in the loft ?
I'm trying to improve the hot water pressure and volume that's all for a new mixer shower that's just been installed. It's only a small header tank and the water level doesn't even fill to the half way mark at present.
Can i get away with ajusting so that it goes about 3/4

Thanks ........

Sponsored Links
HI

generally 14 litre tank for F & E
and 230 litre tank for cylinder is used.
if you fit a bigger tank it should not affect anything else.

If your overflow and ball valve connection are high enough ,Yes!

Are you sure you have the correct tank and not heating F&E?

Why do I get the impression you have connected to the heating header tank. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Why do I get the impression you have connected to the heating header tank. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Very funny but i ain't that much of a dumb ass - :D I always do my research even though sometimes i do still make mistakes.

-No I haven't changed any pipe work YET - That's still debatable, if my PRV Honeywell monster doesn't do the trick.

Terry it's defo the main water tank and not expansion - reason i know this is, the little baby basin sized bowl is right next to it, :) but thanks for your concern and i will adjust the ball valve to accomodate more H20 - cheers

Geek link http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/water/

LUNAT - cheers muka for help

It dosnt matter on the capicity its on the head (height of the tank).
But you do need a tank that can supply your need.

I always do my research first

In that case you would call it an storage tank. And whats a baby basin size bowl thats next to what

I always do my research first

In that case you would call it an storage tank. And whats a baby basin size bowl thats next to what

Sorry that i didn't use the correct term for the storage tank, hence the reason that i'm on here to start with. That's the whole purpose of having a network forum so that people can exchange information and not have to read sarcastic comments !!!

What's up had a bad day

No, Thats why were here so guys like you don't connect the shower up to the heating system :rolleyes:

Your here because your bored and want to hassle someone - so it appears anyhow - read back through the thread and it clearly states no pipework has been changed. What's your problem !

Thread was going well till your useless, nonsence, waste of digital input came onto my Visual display - It's no good trying to pick a fight over the net. No such thing as cyberkill !!! :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back