Loft insulation grants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My loft insulation is old, thin and in such bad condition that I'm going to start from scratch . I really want to use natural/recycled insulation instead of mineral wool and I'm wondering whether there are any grants available to help with the cost? It's going to cost about £500 to DIY install natural/recycled insulation to the recommended 0.16u, but I can get the whole loft done with mineral wool by one of the big energy companies for £150-200.

I've phoned a few places and the only grant/discount I can find is a VAT reduction to 5% - but only if it's installed by the supplier. This wont actually save me anything because I will have to pay for the install.

I really don't want to use mineral wool because it's carp. Is this just another case of having to pay through the nose for the 'green' option?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back