loft insulation in 1930's semi

M

mkultr4

I had a quote for loft insulation and the guy advised that the joists would need packing out as there was currently not enough room to house the standard 270mm of insulation they use.

does this sound right to anyone and how would i pack the joists out?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you mean you have an area of storage that is currently boarded and you wish to retain this facility?

If not then you would just lay a few layers down one on top of the other until you reach the desired thickness.

The problem with simply piling the extra insulation over the joists arises when you have to go in there. Where do you dare put your feet? :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
hi

its partly boarded with old planks. i guess i would like it fully boarded once its been insulated

thanks

There are hundreds of threads devoted to raising a loft floor for storage and to get additional insulation in, do a search through the floor section.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back