Loft Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All
Next week i am having a bigger loft hatch put in ready so when the company come to put the loft insulation in via the grant they can get in the loft

I read online that the current amount the make it up to is 270mm
now my joists are maybe 4-6 inch up from the lath.

so am i correct in thinking that they will put insulation in between the joists and then the other way going accross the joists.

Now i was going to put chipboard floor boards in the loft at some point but if they cover the joists over with insulation then i wont have anything to screw into.

So please what is the best way forward???

Thanks
20110124_001.jpg

Sponsored Links
They will lay between your joists then again at right angles so they cross over to make up your insulation depth.
If you want to board out your loft floor, you need to run new joist at right angle across you existing joist to make up the insulation height and this will now allow for insulation and boards to be fitted.
The new joist want be run at 400mm centres, to allow good support for loft boards and support where the boards will butt up together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back