Loft Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK - sorry if this posted in the wrong place, but...

Upgrding the loft insulation from 4" to 11/12". The electrical cables are long enough for them to lie over the top of the 4" insulation but are not long enough to go over the deeper depth. The cables are principally (all) lighting circuit except for one, the shower cable, which is used on average once per day.

So is it OK to lay the thicker insulation over the cables or do I have to make changes to the wiring to get that on top of the insulation?

W

Post post comment -
Looks like this question has been answered several times before - search facility didn't work the first time I tried it.

So I can cover the lighting cables and I might just be able to find enough slack in the shower cable to work it clear of the new insulation.

Thanks the helpful site

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If the lighting circuit has a 5A/6A fuse/MCB - as they usually do - then it will be alright.

The shower circuit is a different matter and must not be covered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back