loft insulators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do loft insulators have a responsibilty under the building regs or bs7671 to ensure that cables are not just surrounded in insulation. Dont get me wrong! I carefully clip, but i see some really poor installations where cables are lifted, pulled and surrounded by the insulation. Lighting circuits are usually ok with the installation method but shower cables are more easily compromised. it appears regardless

Sponsored Links
Yup - Building Regulations are quite clear that:

1) Adding loft insulation counts as building work.

2) Building work mustn't make other controlled services or fittings less compliant than they were before.

So if loft insulation makes a circuit unsafe then that's a contravention of the Building Regulations.

and the idiots who lay concrete of copper plumbing and wall insulation blown over pvc. Even though the cable should be protected through a cavity

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back