London Fishing convention

Sponsored Links
Interestingly, I was talking to someone last week who mentioned Fishermen in Mevagissey boasting about how much money they made from selling their quotas a few decades ago. A quick google tells me that Spain owns most of the quotas up the west coast while Iceland owns much of the quotas down the East coast, and Brexit doesn't alter that. Interesting.

"French fishermen are up in arms". What’s new? No different from the French farmers when things aren’t going their way and they get a cob on. Suck it up, Pierre.

Interestingly, I was talking to someone last week who mentioned Fishermen in Mevagissey boasting about how much money they made from selling their quotas a few decades ago. A quick google tells me that Spain owns most of the quotas up the west coast while Iceland owns much of the quotas down the East coast, and Brexit doesn't alter that. Interesting.

It would rather cheesy to say fishing quotas is something of red........

Yes. Unearthed, Greenpeace's journalism arm did a big investigation.
https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/about/

In England nearly 80% of fishing quota is held by foreign owners or domestic Rich List families
Brexit wont see any redistribution of those quota rights.

Its another example of selling something for a quick profit

Sponsored Links
Apparently the fishing industry (as you said, tiny, about which there is such an outcry) has an economy half the size of Harrods.

Sponsored Links
Back