Long flues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old non-condensing boiler and 5.5m flue need replacing. If I were to have a condensing boiler I would have to relocate the boiler. I am told that I qualify for an exemption from having a condensing boiler but that they don't make non-condensing boilers with that length of flue anymore. Is this correct?

Sponsored Links
Qualifying for the exemption is one thing, finding a SE boiler is another. Do whatever you can to keep the flue run as short as possible.

Quite a few have that length of flue but they tend to use a twin pipe arrangement ,so if you have the rom for two pipes boiler can stay put. Next awkward thing is getting a run for the condensate pipe

Sponsored Links
You can fit a plastic internal open flue to a Viessmann and a Halstead.

We are fitting a double skinned stainless to an ACV shortly down a chimney.

And we're fitting a Kidd with an open flue next week..... so it can be done, just depends what components you use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back