Long thin kitchen extractor for front of chimney breast

a4c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm refurbishing a kitchen in a listed building and will be putting a range cooker into an old chimney breast.

The chimney has been comprehensively sealed so I can't extract up it (even if you were allowed to), and my architect and builder both recon the chimney is already shaky enough without drilling a ~100mm hole through the side of the chimney breast...

The only option I can think of is fitting a long thin extractor into a wooden decorative surround on the front of the chimney breast. There's space for something about 70-80mm deep, with no restriction on width.

Can anyone tell me if such an extractor exists?

Thanks very much - other suggestions welcome too.

PS I've read all the other posts on the forum about extracting up chimneys but nothing suggested to date seems suitable (the wife has veto'd simply putting an extractor in the wall near the range)

Sponsored Links
Is the back wall of the opening for the cooker external & how much height do you have above the cooker?

Is the back wall of the opening for the cooker external & how much height do you have above the cooker?

The opening for the cooker is in the corner of the room (the chimney breast sits diagonally in a corner) one side external, one internal - I was strongly recommended not to drill a hole in the chimney in either direction. Off the top of my head the height above the cooker is about 700mm...

Suggestions welcome?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back