looking for a 50inch lcd/plasma in sales..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im looking out for a 50inch wall mounted full hd 1080p hd freeveiw tv in the sales...already seen a 50inch full hd/3d samsung plasma model ps50c680g5 at amazon around £800 & you can also claim a free blu-ray player with this i hear on the reveiws,the reveiws of this model even with it being a plasma are exellent with no apparent problem of screenburn? the silent plasma killler i hear,also i hear you can get a slight buzzing noise with a plasma but again doesnt seem to be a problem on the reviews,the added bonus with this model is that it is 3d compatiable as well which is great at that price as an lcd tv with all these feutures is quite a bit more expensive if your not carefull ? anyone any opinions on purchasing a plasma such as this or recommend an alternative tv cheers

Sponsored Links
Ive just ordered this tv from amazon also, but did not find the free blu ray player option, can you tell me how you've claimed yours?

the tv is great according to the reviews i've read so far, as long as you get the G5 model which has the freeview HD option, over the standard set.

I have had a Samsung 50" Plasma for about three years now, its been perfect.....no issues with buzzing or screen burn despite my son leaving the set tuned to BBC News with the banner footer across the screen for hours......the latent image soon burns away once normal TV viewing is resumed. There is a lot of hooey spoken about screen burn, mainly from the early panels that were used in airports etc for information centres, they quite often got serious burn for obvious reasons, this translated into so called problems for domestic sets.....not seen many domestic panels yet that could not be "burnt off".

Anyhoo enjoy your viewing.

Best regards David

Sponsored Links
enig..i havent purchased as yet but swaying towards this model plasma..i just read on the amazon reviews to tick the box to claim the blu ray ..as it happens this guy forgot to tick the box but amazon honoured the offer upon the guy ringing them.. :D after all that guys i take it you would reccommend this model then ? as i aint paying £12/1500 for an lcd version

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back