Looking for a matt finish on my skirting boards and....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
despite reading lots of posts on here and looking around the various DIY sheds, I've not managed to find a suitable paint.

I've seen Johnstone's Trade 'Flat Oil'. Would this do the trick?

The walls have been painted in Dulux Trade Flat Matt and I'm looking for a similar finish on the skirting boards/architrave and door. Could I get away with painting them with the Dulux Flat Matt?

Thanks guys
Mikeinthemidlands

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If you decide on the eggshell and bearing in mind that oil based paints can quickly yellow, take a look at Dulux Trade Diamond Eggshell.

Dec

I use Johnstone's mainly it looks sheen'y at 1st but don't worry it does dry to a mat finish, waterbased eggshell will keep its whiteness longer but if your not use to using the stuff the finish can look bad.

Yes I agree the water/acrylic bases aren't as forgiving as their oil based counterparts, yet with a little practice and a good quality synthetic brush such as Purdy, a good finish can be obtained.

Dec

For the lowest sheen eggshell you need look no further than Little Green paints, not the cheapest but one of the best you can get and gives a nice clean low sheen finish.

Thanks for the advice guys

I went for Dulux Trade Eggshell in the end. I've put one coat on so far and it looks ace. It was really easy to apply too compared to some gloss and satin finishes that I've applied in the past.

How do you tell if you need a second coat?

Mikeinthemidlands

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back